Wednesday, January 9, 2013

the BEST thing i can do



i am so impressed in my little heart that the very best thing i can do
for my family, my husband and my friends is to pray.
sometimes i feel like i lack SO many things. time, for starters! then there's talents
and patients, love.  oh my.  this has been overwhelming me lately!
wanting to be so much more.  to do so much more for the
people i love.  and even branching out to people i don't know so well,
or at all.
but i can't.  at least not well.  i want to do things according to His will.
not my own.  but i can't.  UNLESS>>>
I SPEND TIME WITH HIM!
reflecting and reading His word. worshipping and soaking up His goodness.
tasting and SEEING that HE is GOOD!
this is where it starts.  not to say that spending time and having a walk with
Him makes things all perfect and peachy.  but He guides. He holds. He carries
our burdens.  do ya'll know that we were not designed to carry our own burdens?
He actually made us in such a way that we need HIM to take our burdens!  this is good news friends!  i get so excited and joy just bubbles up in me as a write this!
we have a mighty savior friends!
so, my point to all this...to encourage you to take that further step with me this day, this week, this year
and reach out for Him.  if you have not made a commitment to nurture your relationship
with God in a deeper way and let Him take all those burdens you weren't
even meant to carry in the first place, make time for Him.  He loves you so!

i prefer the early hours of the morning. i make a steamy cup of tea and wrap myself in a blanky.
stare out the window and breath deep.  pray.  plead.  read. savor.
 the best advice i could give a mama is
to try to wake up before the kiddos and spend that quiet time with Him and
the Bible.  let Him speak to your heart and lay it all out at His feet.  He's waiting for you.



4 comments:

  1. great thoughts! i love my bible reading times. so special to me. glad to have a fellow bible lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning contemplation is such a fruitful. it is a great way to start the day. i use to read the psalms everyday and sometimes i go through fits of reading them at night. i don't actually consider myself very religious but it the tradition that i know and it provides a good grounding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So encouraging! Thank you for all the sweet comments on my blog. They always bless me. :)

    ReplyDelete