Monday, January 7, 2013

Fresh Start!

i love reflection.  it does so much for my heart.  for my walk with God.  for my relationships.  after this holiday season, which was pretty chill thankfully, i am in total reflective mode as i go into this next year.  we are calming life down and getting back into the swing of school and normal bedtimes and it feels very nice and cozy around here.  i feel so blessed to live in the country, where i seldom go into town, and when i do it's usually just to grocery shop and head back home again.  it has made it so much easier for me not to be affected by all the hype of Christmas.  the little i do see makes me sick to my stomach and yearn for the world to know that Jesus wants so much more for us than to be such obsessive, miserable, materialistic self seeking beings.  i rest in that He has guarded my little families hearts to all this garbage and we usually have a quiet and simple holiday season spent with family, minimal decor and gifts, yet we have such a great time! i don't mean to sound negative at all, as i understand that most people absolutely love Christmas, but i personally struggle with this holiday and all that it entails on a worldly level. 
even with this season coming to an end in pains me to take down these reminders in my home 
of His entrance into this world.  so i won't.  they'll stay a while. :)





yes, this is our thankful tree, and yes, it's still up.  i can't bear to take it down just yet.  
it brings my heart joy!

what's on my heart today, more than anything, is just my simple need for Jesus.
without Him, i just can't. 
i'm excited to lean on HIM more this year!

I'll be back tomorrow with some of my personal goals and family goals for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment